- a slice of adventure in your busy life -
Wild swimming adventures
Slip into the cool, clear waters of Britain?s most stunning natural pools, secret beaches, lakes and rivers! At Wilderness Weekends we offer wild swimming and camping weekend getaways to make you experience the joy of swimming under an open sky.
Our instructors can teach you technical open water swimming tips in a series of guided open water swims as well as taking you to the country?s most picturesque waters and locations. Seek out the fairy pools of North Wales or the rocky coves of the Jurassic Coast in Dorset, discovering this beautiful part of the British countryside from a unique perspective. Our trips include camping, open fire cooking, walks along British stunning costal paths and visit to local pubs.
Jump on a planned adventure, or get in touch to design your very own tailor made trip for you and your friends.
Wild Swim the rocky coves of the Jurassic Coast in Dorset
Refresh the soul with wild open water swims, sunset yoga, open fires and Tipi action.
From our base in Swanage take a series of guided open water swims in a variety of local beauty spots, such as Durdle Door, Lulworth Cove, Dancing Ledge and the lagoons and caves of Winspit Cove. Depending on the tides and the weather our guides will choose the safest and most enjoyable locations.
Back at our Tipi camp enjoy a sunset yoga session, a bbq and a hearty stew cooked on an open fire and a chance to star gaze.
On Sunday after another refreshing dip enjoy a pastie and a pint at the famous Square and Compass pub in Worth Matravers after a bracing walk along the stunning coastal path.
A series of short sheltered swims, 30 mins maximum. No experience of open water swimming required, but ability to swim around 20 lengths in a pool recommended. This trip also includes coastal walks on rough ground.
- Bag drop
- Guided swims with experienced instructors.
- All meals at the campsite, so picnic lunch and supper on Saturday, breakfast on Sunday. Pub lunch not included.
- All camping equipment including tents, sleeping bags and thermarests.
What to bring and wear
- Swimming stuff, including goggles and swim hat.
- Wet suit optional. Bring a warm hat and towel to put on when you get out.
- Warm clothes for the evening, waterproof jacket, overnight bag.
- Comfortable clothing for yoga
Where to find a WILDERNESS WEEKEND
When to enjoy a WILDERNESS WEEKEND