- a slice of adventure in your busy life -
Wild Swim the rocky coves of the Jurassic Coast in Dorset
Refresh the soul with wild open water swims, open fires and Tipi action.
From our base in Swanage take a series of guided open water swims in a variety of local beauty spots, such as Durdle Door, Lulworth Cove, Dancing Ledge and the lagoons and caves of Winspit Cove.
Saturday's adventure involves swimming at two stunning locations, usually Warbarrow followed by Winspit but this depends on the prevailing weather.
Warbarrow is a beautiful shingle beach where you can get to know your swimming coaches and get a feel for the weekend. Once you have a healthy dose of swimming and flapjacks, we walk back to the landrover where we provide a picnic of wraps filled with freshly baked ingredients, fine cheese and tasty treats.
It's then back in the landrover and a short drive to the second swim of the day. This is usually Winspit, a stunning and atmospheric cove, vastly different to the first swim but every bit as good. This location is conveniently adjacent to one of the finest pubs in Dorset, the Square and Compass. A well-earned drink in the pub garden is followed by a short drive back to the campsite.
Back at our Tipi camp enjoy a hearty Ribolita an open fire and a chance to stargaze. Feel free to bring something to drink to keep you warm around the fire.
On Sunday it's an early start but an amazing experience. You'll never forget this morning swim at Durdle door and the nearby Man O'War beach.
It's then time to wind down. We drive you back to the campsite for a leisurely lunch after which it's time to head back to reality.
A series of short sheltered swims, 30 mins maximum. No experience of open water swimming required, but the ability to swim around 20 lengths in a pool recommended. This trip also includes coastal walks on rough ground.
- A wilderness Weekends swim hat
- Guided swims with experienced instructors.
- All meals at the campsite, picnic lunch and supper on Saturday, light breakfast and lunch on Sunday. Drinks in the pub not included.
- All camping equipment including a personal tent, sleeping bags and Thermarest's.
What to bring and wear
- Swimming stuff, including goggles and swim hat.
- Wet suit optional. Bring a warm hat and towel to put on when you get out.
- Warm clothes for the evening, waterproof jacket, overnight bag.
- Alcoholic drinks for yourself for Saturday evening around the campfire, if you want them with supper
Where to find a WILDERNESS WEEKEND
When to enjoy a WILDERNESS WEEKEND
Visit our Instagram account
Meet the whole family...