Navigation skills and wild camping in the Brecon Beacons
Learn the skills you need to enjoy the freedom of the hills
Price: £160 pp
Duration: Two days
From March 2020 all courses are currently postponed. We have started a waiting list so we can get back on track as soon as govt guidelines say we can. Email us at email@example.com to be added.
Pont ar Daf Car Park, Libanus, LD3 8NL
use what3words address below to be more accurate
Navigation skills form the foundation of all journeys into the wild and open the door to the freedom of being in nature. Learn how to use a map and compass and gain the confidence to navigate even in poor visibility so that you can enjoy the freedom of being in the hills. Learn the skills you need to explore and experience wild and beautiful places in safety and confidence.
The skills that will be taught during this course include:
- Route planning
- Interpreting contours and key symbols on the map
- Navigating in poor or limited visibility
- se of the compass
- Re-orientating yourself if you do get lost
- Navigating and movement over steep ground
- Weather and how the weather affects route planning
- Emergency procedures
Two full days of walking and practical navigation in the beautiful Brecon Beacons. We can cover about 15km each day and wild camp out on the hill on Saturday night. You will carry all your kit with you, including camping equipment so your pack will weigh about 10kg.
We provide all camping equipment including tents, sleeping bags, mattresses, navigation equipment (maps and compasses), and outdoor gear including waterproof jackets and trousers and rucksacks.
What to bring and what to wear
- Worn in walking boots which are comfortable on your feet
- Warm clothing and a hat for night time.
- Water bottle and energy bars if you need them
- Overnight stuff like a torch
Visit our Instagram account
Meet the whole family...