- a slice of adventure in your busy life -
Cycle the hills and lanes of the Darent Valley
A day in the quiet lanes and woodlands of the North Downs
Price: £40 pp
Duration: One day
Saturday 23 March 2019
Start Point: Swanley station, Kent
Just 30mins from Victoria Station we arrive in the rural countryside of the North Downs. Ride the hills and valleys of the quiet wooded lanes of Darent Valley. Steeped in history both ancient and more recent including the remains of the Roman villa at Lullingstone and the ancient ford crossing at Eynsford. After a pub lunch in the pretty village of Shoreham and the possibility of a paddle to cool off our feet, we'll wind our way back to Swanley to finish off a refreshing day away from the big smoke.
22 miles on quiet lanes; some hills. Just over 400m of ascent.
- An experienced guide with knowledge of the area.
- Mechanical back-up.
- Pub lunch is not included. There is a pretty spot for a picnic if you prefer to bring your own.
What to bring and what to wear
- Any bicycle in good working order preferably with 28mm tyres or wider, because of short off road section.
- Cycling shorts or padded undershorts to keep you comfortable in the saddle.
- Something waterproof in case it rains, (don't worry so much about your legs, they dry off!)
- A helmet if you have one.
- Swimming things and a small towel if you fancy a dip.
- A small day bag for the cycle, in a pannier if you have one, for a water bottle, energy snacks, suncream etc.