- a slice of adventure in your busy life -
Climb the Sandstone crags of Harrison's Rocks
A day of rock climbing in the beautiful setting of Birchden Woods
The sandstone crags of Harrisons Rocks are bolted for bottom rope climbing so it is a perfect environment to practice your skills safely whilst enjoying all the exhilaration of climbing outside. Set amongst the beautiful trees of Birchden Woods, this feels a lot further away from London than it really is.
The highly qualified and experienced instructors will deliver the course in a relaxed fashion giving you the skills to climb the sandstone crags safely and confidently. The skills taught during this course are:
- Knot tying
- Use of correct equipment
- Injury prevention
- Movement Skills
- Climbing techniques
A picnic lunch will be taken near the rock face on Saturday and energy bars provided.
Some indoor climbing experience is required, but no outdoor climbing experience is necessary. Beginners welcome.
- All climbing equipment except climbing shoes.
- Picnic lunch and energy bars
What to bring and what to wear
- Climbing shoes if you have them. If not a pair of grippy trainers is fine.
- Comfortable active wear for climbing.
- Warm jumper and hat for later in the day.
- Waterproof jacket.
- Water bottle.
Visit our Instagram account
Meet the whole family...