- a slice of adventure in your busy life -
Bushcraft shelter and fire-making in Essex
Learn ancient and modern survival skills to be confident in nature.
Learn a range of skills to be confident in nature with an emphasis on shelter, warmth, fire and food. The course is delivered in the beautiful settings of Parndon Wood Nature Reserve, one of the finest woodland and parks inb the country. Share an evening meal cooked over the fire and discover the lore of camp craft, from knot tying to fire lighting with feather sticks. A chance to stargaze and experience the splendour of nature away from the lights and noise of the city.
You will receive a free knife and magnesium stick to take away to continue your bushcraft journey!
The skills that will be taught during this course include:
- Survival skills
- Making shelters using both man-made and natural materials
- Discovering various methods of fire-making
- Management of fire
- Cooking over a fire
- Working with wood and string
- Learning about many useful trees and plants around us
- An introduction to navigation and tracking
- How and what to pack for a week of bushcraft in the UK
No experience necessary. Beginners welcome.
All bushcraft equipment and instruction.
All meals at the campsite, so picnic lunch and supper cooked over the fire on Saturday, cooked breakfast on Sunday.
All camping equipment including tents, sleeping bags and thermarests.
What to bring and what to wear
- Waterproof clothing.
- Warm clothing and a hat for night time.
- Overnight bag.
"...an experience that will push you out of your comfort zone, teach you what humankind has long forgotten, and really change your life for the better. We couldn?t recommend this experience enough and we will be going back to do more with Wilderness Weekends!"
see full article at campingwithstyle.co.uk